While exploring lots of beautiful stitching blogs, I came across a fun idea by craftster.org. It’s an embroidered hoop swap. Here’s a link to a blog by Robin that has been participating.
This picture shows the fabulous collection she’s collecting, and frankly I’m jealous. So I thought we could create our own Hoop Swap. (Free $25 French Knot gift certificate to the first person to come up with a better name).
Here’s how it will work:
– Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in participating. Send me your name, email, shipping address, a list of at least 5 inspiration likes or dislikes (i.e. like flowers, dislike blue would be one), and how many swaps you are interested in participating in.
– Then I’ll randomly pair people together. I’ll send you the shipping info and one inspiration line from an interested participant.
– You’ll have 3 weeks to complete the hoop and ship it out. If would like another hoop to complete, let me know, and I’ll send out another request.
– When you receive your hoop, please email me a picture to add to the blog to see how the collection is growing.
– For every hoop you complete, you will receive one.
– Each hoop needs to have at least 2 hours worth of work in it.
– Hoops can be any size and explore any technique. (Embroidery, needlepoint, cross stitch, etc.)
– Be sure you can finish your hoop in three weeks before taking on the task, we don’t want to keep the recipient waiting.
– You cannot request a particular artist to do your hoop. The point is to get lots of different styles and interpretations.
Doesn’t this sound like fun?
Please post a comment if you have any questions.